Thursday, October 16, 2008
THUS FAR...
I am REALLY missing the blogging world these days. I think this week we will be installing internet at home and then I'll officially be back to spilling my guts out to you all..hehehehe;0P Within the past 3 weeks we've had some fun stuff going on here. The kids had Fall Break 2 weeks ago. Everyday after work I went home and asked them what "fun" thing they wanted to do that day. We went swimming 4 times that week. They asked to take their bikes out to ride at the OMV over here (best known as the DMV/MVD in the states) but it was too hot to do that. We went swimming at our usual place, Fatu'ma'Futi. The kids love it because it's shallow and there's a place to play in the sand AND when the tide comes in, it's quite a ride. Ealier that week (the day after my last post) we had FHE at Lion's Park with Tali's fam, Ono's fam, Tu'us fam, Tra's, mine and also Danny. The kids and Fasi played while the rest of us watched and visited with each other. It was very breezy...a real nice night to be out with the fam. Last week the Miss South Pacific pageant was held here. On one of the nights we walked over to the football stadium with the kids and Danny boy and watched the float parade. We showed up just as Gwendolyn's float was being spotlighted. She looked BEAUTIFUL in her Samoan traditional wear. After her was Miss Niue's float...her's was the last one. She had a very good sense of humor and was very pretty too (she ended winning the pageant and Gwendolyn placed 1 st runner up). Friday while driving into work I saw that HSM 3 was showing!! YAYE!! Right after work I drove home got the girls ready and then we headed out to the movie. It was our first time going to a movie down here. We showed up over an hour early...LOL!! The girls and I pretty much LOVED THE MOVIE!! I especially loved that matinees here are only $4.50. SWEEEEET!! Later on that night Tra, Fou, Tala, Dan, Fasi and I went to Island Hut at the Airport. That was FUN! We karaoked ate steak and shrimp and lobster and then karaoked some more. Danny was such a cute fan of everyone's! We tried to get him to sing but he sat happily listening and cheering all the singers on. Right after dinner Fou and Fasi headed back to the lumber yard, where they pulled a graveyard shift. Saturday morning I came into work because we had a lot of employees call in sick. I learned how to work Moneygram...very busy, but fun nonetheless. Later on around 4 o'clock I took Sissy, Apolo and Leila to a Halloween carnival at a school nearby. We ran into lots of family and enjoyed being out of the house again and of course eating and playing games. After the carnival I forced Tu'u and Mona and their lil' family to come over and hang out with us. We went back to our place and let the kids run around and play while we went to the store and grabbed some snacks for our movie night. We ended up with chips, soda, french bread, cake, ice cream, salsa and more chips. YIKES!! It was nice to hang out with Tu'u and Mona and of course the little ones. Sunday we had dinner oer at Auntie Tupu's house. It was nice to see and visit with Spencer and to hear that Adney and TIna were coming in that night. Tai and I decided to go to the airport to welcome them. We hung out in the parking lot talking for about an hour. Love my lil' cuz!!!!!! Anyway, we got word that the flight wasn't going to arrive til 12:30 so we decided to go grab some McD's and then called it a night!! That was my fun-filled last 3 weeks. Oh yeah...AND MY MOMMY'S HERE!!!:) My Dad will arrive Thursday night and we're pretty much excited to have them here with us!! Gotta get back to work. Hopefully my next post will be from my very own home and it won't be so all over the place. LOVE YOU ALL!!
Apolo at Fatu'ma'Futi
Lala girl...ALL SMILES!!
Fou at Fatu'ma'Futi'. He had an underwater camera and was trying to find something pretty to take a pix of.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey sis its always good to hear from you and see all the pix of the fam. Man i wanna come down so bad for grandma's thing:( Love you guys
Post a Comment