...one of the main reasons why I started to blog. Actually I guess I forgot em' all. I don't know if any of you have had similar experiences as I have had...but within the last year I have been approached by people that I have offended for either, mentioning them in my blog...or NOT mentioning them in my blog. I never imagined that this was going to be one of the repercussions of blogging. If I mentioned names, I always made sure it was in a positive light. There are so many people that have touched my life and if anything I just wanted them to know...as well as others that read my blog..what they mean to me. As for the people that took offense to me NOT writing about them...I still don't know what to say about that. In fact that was one of the reasons why I stopped blogging for a while. I never take pride in offending anyone, but I also don't want that to be the demise of this hobby.
I started blogging because as I mentioned in a previous post...it's therapy for me! I find joy in expressing myself in words AND also keeping in touch with others AND sharing what my little family is up to AND it delights me to have a record of random pictures, thoughts, ideas, stories, etc...about my family.
When we moved here one of our computers shipped on the boat was damaged. A friend of mine worked on it and saved what he could from the PC. Unfortunately all the pictures, letters, documents, etc...that were on it before were unretrievable. I was sooo sad about it for a while. ANd then realized that I had posted a lot of those lost pictures onto my blog. It was a HUGE sigh of relief and even though I only posted about 1/8 of the pictures on the blog...at least I have something..right!?
Anyway, it feels so good to sit at the computer and write again. I'm kicking myself right now in realizing the grief I could've saved myself from...by just logging on here and spilling my guts.
6 comments:
Ahhh, good to hear from you girl! And yes, would you please talk about me more! I love to hear people talk about me! haha Just kidding. I have no room to poke fun, I have no idea what complaints you got and why. But I sure love ya and hope your feelings haven't been hurt in any way. You are too sweet to even hurt a fly.
Yours is one of the most positive upbeat and honest blogs that I Read! Don't stop!!!
I agree 100%. I"m sorry people have felt offended. It's so hard to please EVERYONE at times in all we do. But this is something I HOPE you can easily realize that you have done NOTHING wrong and for those peolple who are ofeended...need to not be so sensitive. And I MEAN THAT! You can't apologize for you being you.
Love your blog and hope life is good overseas in paradise!
xoxo
Hey you missy, I've missed you and am sorry to hear that you have been hurt by others comments. You are an angel and I know you would never hurt anyone so forget the negavite and know you are loved and appreciated by so many people. Take care and I hope you keep up with the blog as I have missed your pictures and news from paradise. Love Ya!
Just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your blog. It is so fun to hear about your crazy adventures in Samoa.
hi tafi! i've been followin' your blog for the past three wks now, and i have only kind words for you as a "classy blogger" myself -- ignore the so-called "critics" and embrace the fact that you have a gift with WORDS. you don't have to defend yourself regarding what you post -- blogging is 'bout self-expression so you like ev'ry1 that follows your blog are entitled to their opinion and in no way do you have to explain yourself regarding post after post.
happy blogging. . .
j
momOfsteel.blogspot.com
Post a Comment