Saturday morning Tala, Tra and I had planned to go to Beav's football game. We ended up at the store taking all the Halloween stuff down to put back in storage and then put up Christmas decor up. I left them after a few hours to go grab stuff for Grandma's 1 year celebration. When everyone talked about the BBQ for Grandma's 1 year I pictured a real kick back informal BBQ with just Gramz grandkid's that are here as well as our parent's. When we got up to her gravesite there were a lot more people than we all expected. Anyway, it was very nice and mostly informal. My Dad said a few words (not even 5 minutes worth) and then we blessed the food, ate and visited. We left at almost 8 p.m. since I had made plans to meet up with old friend's and classmates from Tafuna elem/Jr. high. We raced home where I got ready and then headed over to Island Hut to relive my 5th-8th grade years with good friend's. It ended up just being Landa, Lucca, Ario, myself and one other classmate (I forgot her name). ONO, LAOSAMOA, MANNY, AND MONA....COME OUT NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so much fun remembering the good ol' days. Each one of those girls are still the same! I told them next time we get together, we'll do it at my home so that we don't have to yell to try and have a conversation AND it'd be cheaper to eat and drink too...(I don't charge THAT much to eat at my house;0P) And hopefully next time there will be a better turn out...HINT HINT to those 4 I named above. Anyway, Tala, Fasi, Tra, Fou, Spencer, Adney, Tina, Tai and Nita all ended up coming over to Island Hut too to Karaoke. It was definitely fun times! I said good-bye to my friends since I had to run my lil' cousin home and from what I understand, they actually moved the party over to the bowling alley. Anyway, I dropped my lil' cousin off at home and went back to Island Hut where I thought Fasi would be ready to go. Nope, not the case. I found Spencer, Adney, Tina and Fasi still singing away and putting in song after to song to karaoke...LOL! Good thing they all can sing well.....ahem...except for Adney...lol, kidding cuz;0P Tina...girl...you can SING!! I had no idea. Anywho, Spencer was hilarious singing all kinds of love songs...he really missed Marietta. Tina and Adney sang ENDLESS LOVE and Fas and I sang PICTURE...LOL! That cracks me up...anyway. We left Island Hut at almost 2 a.m. We headed over to Mcd's to eat and then said goodnight!!! Tina, Adney, Tau and Spencer left for the states Sunday evening. Tai, Segi and I went to the airport to see them off. Poor Tau was so tired. There was some dude there, that thought he was part of the airport crew. He was standing where we all were directing, and yelling at the plane to do this and that. His hands and arms were waving all over the place until the plane stopped right where it was supposed to...where he continued to yell in Samoan to turn OFF the engines. Apparently he does this all the time. Anyway, that concludes our long, jam packed weekend. Looking forward to reading up on all your Halloween Adventures:)
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
JAM PACKED WEEKEND...
The pictures below actually are in reverse sequence of all that went down last weekend. Let's see...it started with the Halloween party over at Tra's. We started an hour and a half late but it was fun...kinda;0P The kids made picture frames, played "cookie walk", candy corn toss, etc. There were other games that Tala and Tra had planned but with everything starting late we ended up eating after a few games and then headed over to Uncle Foa's to check out his set up. Dang, they go all out! The kids loved going through their Haunted Maze and all the goodies they gave. I think they ran through the maze 3-4 times. After Uncle Foa's we headed home (it was a long hot day for all of us), where the kids undressed and ran around eating their goods until they basically passed out. Just after midnight (a little closer to 1)....Fasi and I left for our date (remember Friday night is date night). Fasi has been dying to go check out the local talent. There are a few places here that have LIVE BANDS and so we ended up going to the Bowling Alley to check theirs out. So yeah, I 'm thinking bowling alley=bowling lanes, a stage to the side for the LIVE BAND and people scattered here and there enjoying the music and watching the participants. LOL...not the case. We walk around the corner towards the front door and there it is....a full on NIGHT CLUB...hahahaha! I looked at Fasi like "what the heck'? All in all the band was great. The club was....hmm....let's just say I was feeling very old and out of place. And maybe if it wasn't 1:30 a.m. I'd be inclined to get up and dance but like I said earlier it was a looooong hot day. After the "bowling alley" I took Fasi for a ride around MY village, "NU'UULI". We drove by my old schools, old houses that we used to frequent when we were younger (Aunty Lefaga's house up on the hill) and other fun spots that I had great memories at. After all that...we went to Mcd's and grabbed a bite and then went home to get some ZZZZ's.
Saturday morning Tala, Tra and I had planned to go to Beav's football game. We ended up at the store taking all the Halloween stuff down to put back in storage and then put up Christmas decor up. I left them after a few hours to go grab stuff for Grandma's 1 year celebration. When everyone talked about the BBQ for Grandma's 1 year I pictured a real kick back informal BBQ with just Gramz grandkid's that are here as well as our parent's. When we got up to her gravesite there were a lot more people than we all expected. Anyway, it was very nice and mostly informal. My Dad said a few words (not even 5 minutes worth) and then we blessed the food, ate and visited. We left at almost 8 p.m. since I had made plans to meet up with old friend's and classmates from Tafuna elem/Jr. high. We raced home where I got ready and then headed over to Island Hut to relive my 5th-8th grade years with good friend's. It ended up just being Landa, Lucca, Ario, myself and one other classmate (I forgot her name). ONO, LAOSAMOA, MANNY, AND MONA....COME OUT NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so much fun remembering the good ol' days. Each one of those girls are still the same! I told them next time we get together, we'll do it at my home so that we don't have to yell to try and have a conversation AND it'd be cheaper to eat and drink too...(I don't charge THAT much to eat at my house;0P) And hopefully next time there will be a better turn out...HINT HINT to those 4 I named above. Anyway, Tala, Fasi, Tra, Fou, Spencer, Adney, Tina, Tai and Nita all ended up coming over to Island Hut too to Karaoke. It was definitely fun times! I said good-bye to my friends since I had to run my lil' cousin home and from what I understand, they actually moved the party over to the bowling alley. Anyway, I dropped my lil' cousin off at home and went back to Island Hut where I thought Fasi would be ready to go. Nope, not the case. I found Spencer, Adney, Tina and Fasi still singing away and putting in song after to song to karaoke...LOL! Good thing they all can sing well.....ahem...except for Adney...lol, kidding cuz;0P Tina...girl...you can SING!! I had no idea. Anywho, Spencer was hilarious singing all kinds of love songs...he really missed Marietta. Tina and Adney sang ENDLESS LOVE and Fas and I sang PICTURE...LOL! That cracks me up...anyway. We left Island Hut at almost 2 a.m. We headed over to Mcd's to eat and then said goodnight!!! Tina, Adney, Tau and Spencer left for the states Sunday evening. Tai, Segi and I went to the airport to see them off. Poor Tau was so tired. There was some dude there, that thought he was part of the airport crew. He was standing where we all were directing, and yelling at the plane to do this and that. His hands and arms were waving all over the place until the plane stopped right where it was supposed to...where he continued to yell in Samoan to turn OFF the engines. Apparently he does this all the time. Anyway, that concludes our long, jam packed weekend. Looking forward to reading up on all your Halloween Adventures:)
That dude, "landing the plane".

Tau snacking at the airport. Poor thing was so hot and tired.
Lionel Richie and Diana Ross...aka Adney and Tina;0P
Spencer is realing feeling it here...lol.
Landa and Ario
Lucca and (I forgot her name)..whoops.
Some of the mailto:fam@Grandma 1 year.
Jared actually showed up...LOL!
Saturday morning Tala, Tra and I had planned to go to Beav's football game. We ended up at the store taking all the Halloween stuff down to put back in storage and then put up Christmas decor up. I left them after a few hours to go grab stuff for Grandma's 1 year celebration. When everyone talked about the BBQ for Grandma's 1 year I pictured a real kick back informal BBQ with just Gramz grandkid's that are here as well as our parent's. When we got up to her gravesite there were a lot more people than we all expected. Anyway, it was very nice and mostly informal. My Dad said a few words (not even 5 minutes worth) and then we blessed the food, ate and visited. We left at almost 8 p.m. since I had made plans to meet up with old friend's and classmates from Tafuna elem/Jr. high. We raced home where I got ready and then headed over to Island Hut to relive my 5th-8th grade years with good friend's. It ended up just being Landa, Lucca, Ario, myself and one other classmate (I forgot her name). ONO, LAOSAMOA, MANNY, AND MONA....COME OUT NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so much fun remembering the good ol' days. Each one of those girls are still the same! I told them next time we get together, we'll do it at my home so that we don't have to yell to try and have a conversation AND it'd be cheaper to eat and drink too...(I don't charge THAT much to eat at my house;0P) And hopefully next time there will be a better turn out...HINT HINT to those 4 I named above. Anyway, Tala, Fasi, Tra, Fou, Spencer, Adney, Tina, Tai and Nita all ended up coming over to Island Hut too to Karaoke. It was definitely fun times! I said good-bye to my friends since I had to run my lil' cousin home and from what I understand, they actually moved the party over to the bowling alley. Anyway, I dropped my lil' cousin off at home and went back to Island Hut where I thought Fasi would be ready to go. Nope, not the case. I found Spencer, Adney, Tina and Fasi still singing away and putting in song after to song to karaoke...LOL! Good thing they all can sing well.....ahem...except for Adney...lol, kidding cuz;0P Tina...girl...you can SING!! I had no idea. Anywho, Spencer was hilarious singing all kinds of love songs...he really missed Marietta. Tina and Adney sang ENDLESS LOVE and Fas and I sang PICTURE...LOL! That cracks me up...anyway. We left Island Hut at almost 2 a.m. We headed over to Mcd's to eat and then said goodnight!!! Tina, Adney, Tau and Spencer left for the states Sunday evening. Tai, Segi and I went to the airport to see them off. Poor Tau was so tired. There was some dude there, that thought he was part of the airport crew. He was standing where we all were directing, and yelling at the plane to do this and that. His hands and arms were waving all over the place until the plane stopped right where it was supposed to...where he continued to yell in Samoan to turn OFF the engines. Apparently he does this all the time. Anyway, that concludes our long, jam packed weekend. Looking forward to reading up on all your Halloween Adventures:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
LOL, thanks for the recap, I think I'll steal some of your pix. Karaoke was SO FUN, but your comment about me singing was hilarious, maybe they spiked your lemonade! And your forgot to mention the lovely "calogne" the guy at the airport had for us all to take in! LMAO
glad to hear you guys are having so much fun!
Thanks for the update Taf we miss you guys!
Oh Wow! You are so busy out there! I am so convinced that you are definetley busier there than you were here. I miss you so much, I wish I could have been there to share in the excitement! I miss you Chick!
i 2nd kalia's comment. man you are a popular lady down there :) glad to hear you & the fam are enjoying your time there, but don't forget you're supposed to come back to az...we miss you! :)
Post a Comment