Saturday, September 6, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!

The kids showing love to Gramz!
My turn....I LOVE YOU GRANDMA!!

Today is my Grandma's birthday!! I took my kids up to visit her grave and sing happy birthday. I asked them if they had any memories of her that they wanted to share and Silia, Apolo and Leila all remembered a gift she had once given them. Silia's was money, Apolo's was an outfit and Leila's was a pair of blue and white tennis shoes. They remember that Grandma read her scriptures a lot and also wrote in her journal a lot. Silia said she remembers that Grandma would talk about how she couldn't wait to be with her "lover" again...LOL (that's how Gramz always referred to Grandpa after he passed). I talked to them about how generous Grandma was with everything and anything she had. She also had a very strong testimony of the Gospel and was never afraid to tell anyone that wasn't a member just how true the church is!! Grandma was also very big on Fa'a Samoa (the Samoan way)...mainly always being respectful and proper in all our ways down to sitting and standing right, etc. I MISS MY GRANDMA!! I am looking forward to her 1 year anniversary of her passing to be with more family and lvoed ones that loved her and to witness the placement of her headstone. I am so excited for my children to learn of all the things Grandma was adamant about us learning and doing. HER LEGACY LIVES ON THROUGH US ALL!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!


1 comment:

The Brownz said...

Sis I miss them so much. Cant believe its almost been a year. Time flies, Moms 2 year is this month and I miss her even more as time goes by. Love you sis keep the pix coming it makes me miss Samoa so much.