Sunday, June 1, 2008

LOOOONG WEEKEND&WEEK!

Memorial weekend started out great! Friday night Fas and the kids and I went to Ono's to support and watch our friend's, "THE ISLAND BOY'S" sing. Ended up being the whole kava crew and then some there, so after the show we went over to Ho and Torsha's to hang out with everybody. It was fun to hang out with the girls and listen to all the guys jam out. We left for home some time after 2 a.m. Saturday Fas and I went and did some shopping and then he headed back to the Baker's to watch the UFC fight, while the kids and I hung out at home. Sunday I started feeling not so good:( Didn't go to church but ended up going to my brother Charlie's house for Sunday dinner and a paper airplane flying contest. After that we headed over to Uncle Tunufai's for some Samoan song singing and hang out with more family. By the time we left Uncle's (around midnight) my whole face and head was throbbing!! Woke up Monday afternoon (only because people kept blowing up my cell phone) still feeling yucky, but like an idiot got the whole family up and ready to go to my Mom's for Memorial BBQ and swimming. Didn't swim but sat outside by the pool visiting with family and watching the kids swim. Again, not so smart with a really bad headache to be out in the sun. After we ate I went into the house and found a quiet room to lay my weary head. As I was laying on Mom's couch I started to feel all flu symptoms taking over my body...chills, fever, body aches=NO GOOD! Fas had to pry me off the couch when it was time to go. When we got home it was only 6 p.m. I went straight to my bed and knocked out. Woke up at 10 p.m. feeling like I needed to use the bathroom and throw up and was freezing with a sore throat, and neck and a really bad sinus headache. Tuesday morning when Fasi was getting ready for work I was whimpering back and forth between our bed and the bathroom. He kept telling me to shower cause it'd make me feel better....but it didn't. At 9 a.m. I called Fasi at work crying because I was in so much pain everywhere and couldn't go back to sleep because of that. At almost 11 a.m. my knight in shining armor arrived home with medicine that helped me sleep for about 1 hour. Without me even having to ask him, Fasi called our angel next door (Sara Ray) and asked if she could please help him find some priesthood holders to give me a blessing. A little later 2 more angels showed up at my home (Bro. Wach&Bro. Pate) and gave me that blessing. I felt the spirit so strongly as I was receiving the blessing and both priesthood holders also spoke of it's strong presence afterwards. And just like that...I was able to function again. The pain was still there but it was bearable. Just before I received the blessing I couldn't even stand up straight or bend down to pick something up. Right after the 2 left my home I went into the kitchen and started helping Fasi clean and make lunch and amazingly didn't feel like crying from any pain. Through out the next couple days more angels showed up in my home. My sister Dolores, came and took all my children on one of the days. It must've been about 11 a.m. when she took them, and they didn't return home until after 6 p.m. My PHENOMENAL Mom came over and cleaned my house and cooked dinner for my family for the next couple nights. My Dad and niece came over and played with my kids for a few hours...I got phone calls asking if I needed anything and how I was feeling. I definitely felt the love!! I also definitely felt hungry all week long! I lost another 5 lbs from not being able to eat with that awful sore throat...but am diligently and thoroughly enjoying food again!! I think that's what made the last 9 days so long...I didn't eat much throughout those days. Oh well, that story is definitely OVER!! *oink oink* LOL!

9 comments:

Jamie said...

So glad you are feeling better! Nothing is worse as a mom then when you are sick. We are done with preschool too. Lets play! Call me!!!

Nimo said...

gee taf your whole situation sounded way too familiar to me. im so glad you're feeling better. call me so when we chat. luya.

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

You are soooo freaking hilarious!!
Sunni looks like a little model playing out in the rain!! hahaa. those pics are so cute. Great posts.

Anonymous said...

Tafi...you can always call me!!! Glad you are feeling better...now you have to come to a class with me!

Natalie said...

Tafi-So glad you are feeling better. And what better people to take care of you. I am so glad your family is around to help. You're parents are great people. Please tell them hello for me. Nat

{jennifer} said...

Hey Tafi!!! I am glad you found my blog and I got to see yours and your awesome family! All soooo cute and I am sure you have a fun happy house! It was great catching up with your busy life! *Jen

{jennifer} said...

Oh I forgot. Alexis has had preschool at Learning Safari (Val Vista one) for the past 2 years and has loved it! Next year I am going to take her to one closer to our house because they moved everything to the Sossaman center and that is a 20+ minute drive from my casa:) I am pretty sure your mom sold this to Kim and Rachelle? It is a very awesome program and we will miss it next year!

Cedar Reids said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. That is no fun to be sick! We do migraines in our house like 2-3 times a month, so I know all about being down and out. It's nice to have family to help out.... what a blessing!

Trina said...

Oh, man that sounds horrible but I am glad you are better now! We missed you on Saturday. Come next time. Your mom is hillarious! See ya later gater!