Picture this- 8 years ago today, I was in the passenger seat of my mom's van. It was almost 6:30 a.m. and I was VERY pregnant and VERY STRESSED! My doctor's orders were to be at the hospital Tuesday morning at 6:00 to start my induction. However, on the way to the hospital my Mom decided to take a "shortcut" to avoid morning traffic. To my dismay, she actually found it! Every back road we took was lined with cars, and no alternative route was in sight. My Mom kept telling me not to worry, don't get worked up, we'd be there soon enough. We eventually got to the hospital where I obviously got a late start on being induced into labor. To make a really long labor story short, Apolo was born at7:08 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 22 inches long....he was perfect!!! Since I could remember I'd always wanted to have 4 boys, no girls (love my little princesses and wouldn't trade em' for the world...but boy's are forever loyal to their Mom's). *I digress* So I was ecstatic to finally have a SON! While my doctor was working on me I kept asking to see my son. I didn't know at the time that the cord was wrapped around his neck and because I acted so impatiently and pretty much pushed him out too fast....they were trying to make sure no damage was done because of that (Bad mommy huh??). I kept asking them if he was ok because he wasn't making any noise. I remember trying to peak into the scale (where they had left him for a second while they were prepping the warmer thing) and asking why he wasn't crying. My mom kept kept reassuring me that he was fine, and that he was just looking around at all the lights. After what seemed like forever, I finally met APOLO! I remember holding him so close to me and kissing him and telling him that I was so happy he was here and that I loved him sooo much.
The way that he stayed quiet and undemanding in the scale when he was a newborn, remains the same with Apolo. He is the most low maintenance child I have. He never demands any attention, doesn't throw tantrums, entertains himself when bored, takes great care of his younger siblings, always obedient, and so easy to please. I'm totally bragging now, but he's also a straight A student:) He definitely gets that from Fasi! One thing I have always loved about Apolo is his smile! It's charming, and innocent, and kind and just everything that he is. I'm so happy that he is my oldest son and am grateful that he wants to get baptized. When I asked him what he is looking forward to about turning 8 he said "the still small voice, and going to cub scouts". Love this boy!!
9 FUN FACTS ABOUT APOLO (1 extra for good luck)...
*Up until he was about 4 yrs. old, Apolo's safety net was a blue Rugrat cartoon blanket that my Mom made for him. This blue blankie was MAGIC, in a sense that anytime this boy would cry or show any signs of sadness once the blue blankie was in his hands or anywhere around him, he'd stop! And it cheered him right up. Even in the dead of summer in hot ol' AZ, he'd be found wrapped up in it around it, or sucking on it.
*Up until he was about 4, he also went by the nickname "Bubba".
*At age 10 months we found out that Apolo had a really great throwing arm....a baseball, football, whatever...he could throw em' really far.
*Apolo's favorite food is Saimin (ramen noodles). He'd rather eat that, than hamburgers or pizza.
*Apolo loves to make ketchup sandwiches. Just bread and ketchup....didn't I tell you he was easy to please? LOL!
*Apolo is a lefty.
*When Apolo was in first grade he came home and handed me a napkin with a phone number on it. When I asked him what it was for, he said "I don't know this girl gave it to me at lunch and said to call her". LOL..he got a high-five from Fasi and just looked at us like we were crazy, while we we laughed.
*When he receives gifts, he doesn't open them right away. In fact he has about 8 unopened toys sitting on his shelves in his room right now(from Christmas). He takes them out of the gift wrapper/bag, but doesn't take the toys out of it's box.
*He will be sharing his baptism day, with his best friend Jacob Ray. He's simply over the moon about that!!
Delivered by Dr. Mechelke...Apolo Scott May 2, 2000
Mommy loves her little boy!
1 year old...crawling around Grandma's fun rug.
READY TO BE BAPTIZED!!I'm so happy to be your Mom Apolo, you make me so happy and always make me feel so loved. You are a wonderful son and I am so proud of everything you've accomplished. May you have many more fun-filled years to come and always listen to that "still small voice", you so eagerly await. I LOVE YOU APOLO SCOTT. You will always be my little "BUBBA"!!




3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to Apolo taf! I couldn't help but crack up at the ketchup sandwich, I just always remembered that about him.
Congrats Mom and Dad and having such a wonderful son! We love you Apolo!!
Cute post, Tafi! I have yet to enjoy being a Mom to boys, just girls.
He is so handsome! Sounds like such a great boy! When is his baptism? I want to come if I don't have to work!
HOw was Costa Vida? I wanted to come but we already had plans. Let us know again for sure!
Post a Comment