Sunday, December 30, 2007

Weekend in review....

It was actually a pretty a good one.

The girls and I kicked it off by going to a movie Friday night. Silia, Leila and I watched The Chipmunk movie and it was pretty cute. The girls really liked it, and I really enjoyed sitting in a dark room with yummy theater popcorn and peanut m&m's. Mmmmmm:P

After the movie, we returned home to pick up Fasi and the 2 little ones and headed off to Denny's. Apolo stayed the night with his cousins so we thought our bill would be a little smaller...but it wasn't. Whether you're feeding 2 children or 5 it's still expensive (for us at least). After Denny's we headed to mom's to pick up Fasi's keys and Tasi had just made some yummy Zuppa Tuscana. I think that's what it's called. You know that soup from Olive Garden that is white and has sausage and potatoes and onions? We didn't have room in our belly's at the time so she sent some home with us (we ate it for our Sunday lunch......it tastes BETTER than Olive Garden's!!). When we got home we were so cold from getting in and out of the car so we bundled up and watched movies til we fell asleep.

Saturday morning around 2 a.m. I noticed that my 1 year old was wheezing really bad in her sleep. Fasi and I sat up with her for about an hour and a half giving her 2 breathing treatments and singing and playing with her, until she fell back asleep. Around 10 a.m. we got up and started to put away the Christmas decor. Fas and I took all the ornaments and lights off of the tree, loaded it onto the car and hauled it off to the local drop off. We took the car in for an oil change and then met up with my cousin to pick up Apolo from his sleep over. We ended up grabbing lunch from In-N-Out and Panda Express (gift cards from Santa) and then headed home to finish rearranging furniture and vacuuming up all the needles from the Christmas tree. At around 7 o'clock our neighbors, The Rays, came over and we ate chicken wraps and played games. We played Bingo, Candy-Dress up game, Sequence, Don't Eat Pete, Down-Do, and Zoom-Errrr!! It was so much fun. We had Chocolate Chip Banana bread to finish off the night, and then it was off to bed.

Sadly, this was the most fun-filled weekend I've had in a long while! It was wonderful!!

Sunni girl getting her breathing treatment...


Annie Ray playing the dress-up candy eating game...

Spencer Ray's turn to dress up and eat some chocolate...

Sara Ray's turn...

1 comment:

Nimo said...

Zuppa is my absolute favorite!! I have that recipe myself and used to make it all the time. Super easy! Sounds like a fun weekend...is that new furniture I see in the background?? :)