..need I say more!?;) The newest Ta'ase addition is due to arrive October 21st. I'm scared out of my mind to have a baby down here!! In fact when Fas and I decided we were going to move down here I was about 95% sure Sunni-girl was going to be the youngest of our bunch. Having a baby down here was OUT OF THE QUESTION!!
I am ok with being pushed out of my comfort zone ANYTIME and ANYWHERE except when I'm expecting!! I am scared to death of change during pregnancy. I've had the same doctor deliver all 5 of my kids, have gone to the exact same Dr.'s office for every appointment (My Dr. had 3 different locations, and even when they opened an office very near my home..I still went to the old one), and I...just don't deal well change during my pregnancies. When Sunni-girl was born I was told that the hospital I usually would deliver at was booked and that I had to go to a different hospital. I WAS DEVASTATED!! I cried, and cried and cried!! When the day came to be induced I was sooooo scared...and because it was the first time my Mom WASN'T with me during a delivery (she and my dad were serving a church mission in the Washington D.C. temple) I WAS A HOT MESS!! To try and calm my nerves Fasi promised ALL kinds of things and also let me win every single card game we played.
ANYWHO, I am coming to realize just how blessed I was to have had options while living in the states. There are an INFINITE amount of OB's and clinics and hospitals to choose from. There is always a newer, or more advanced facility, etc. Here in Samoa there is 1!! Yep, just one hospital. I've only been in the Labor/Delivery part of the hospital here once when my nephew was born, 18 years ago. It was hot and odd smelling. There were about 5 beds in one long room all separated by a sheet. My sister Tracy was recently in that part of the hospital and says that it looks exactly like it did when she gave birth to my nephew. *sigh* The hugest downfall for me.....you don't have the option of an epidural:( Nope, you only get an epidural if you're delivering via c-section. OUCH!! Needless to say, I opted for an epidural with all 5 of my previous deliveries.....I'M SKERRRRED!! Word on the street is that the nurses aren't too pleasant either, I can just imagine the comments and tongue lashes I'll get for hollering from pain...I'm laughing and crying just thinking about it. Yeah, typical tough Samoan girl, I AM NOT!! Not while birthing babies anyway:0P
12 comments:
holy crap. Come move into to our guest room. Your family can fend for themselves for 9 months!
I am SO scared for you girl. LOL. No, but seriously, I AM. Hope to chat with you again SOON. Love your guts.
Oh,and I know i've already told you, but CONGRATS again! We love you guys.
Congrats! But no epidural... I would be scared too!
LOL Did my mom ever tell you the story of her experience there when I was born? Well they ended up giving her the wrong baby and gave me to some other lady. My mom was getting ready to breastfeed this baby and she looked down and was like this and the nurses were yelling at her saying no that's you baby. Well my mom kept insisting and another nurse came in with me and told the other nurses off lol. Yup so I would be scared out of my mind too sis. Love you
Congrats! That does sound a scarry! But you are Tafi, you can do it!!!
Congrats and good luck, any chance you can go to Hawaii for the delivery? You go girl!
That's exciting news... Congratulations! Don't be scared, I know you can do it! :)
Oh my gosh!! Oh my gosh!! Congratulations! I love big families...you are my hero!
But you'll my hero even more when you birth a child in another country, with no epidural! ARE YOU FLIPPIN' CRAZY??? I am right there with ya girl. I don't blame you being scared. I just delivered a month ago {with an epidural} and I still felt ENOUGH.
I probably shouldn't be scaring you anymore...but GOOD LUCK! I love you. I'll say lots of prayers for you. I've had a c-section too.....I'd pray for that if I were you. They aren't that bad...plus you get pain meds afterwards! hee hee
Hey Taf, congratulations! I'm sure you're gonna love the hospitality of LBJ! I'm being mean, but I'm sure you'll be fine. How's Samoa? We miss it everyday. I still can't over the fact that you moved there right as we moved out. What up with that? by the way, we switched to t-mobile earlier this year and thought we could call Samoa for free - NOT! thus, i haven't been able to call anyone. Anyway, hope you guys are good. Your kids are cute!!
Tafi- just met and shot another of your siblings (Charlie and Dolores) Man- your family is so cool!! Maybe you should adopt me in so me and Dave can move to Paradise and work in the family business!!
CONGRATS! I hade an epidural with my first and I hated it...with my second I went all natural and had a better experiance! You will do great!
Post a Comment