It's been a while since I've updated on my babies on here..so here is what they're doing and saying these days.
Silia is now 10 yrs. old and is in the 5th grade. Last Friday she got her hair cut by her Mama and is now sporting a very short bob. It was actually punishment for not keeping up with her grades...hey, it's what my Mom used to do to me when I was her age and getting in trouble at school. It works!! She also now gets tutored from my Mom every other day and she's loving that time with her Grandma. Anyway, she is still very much the other Mommy in the house. When she gets home from school, she babysits until I get home from work which is usually anywhere between 5-6:30 p.m. Silia is just like me in that she LOVES Samoan food. One of her favorites is Palusami (again just like her Mom) and she also loves all types of seafood. She is growing so fast down here and is already in the early stages of *ahem.... puberty. YIKES! Fasi comments daily on how nervous it makes him to see her mature....amen brotha!! Silia looks forward to Activity Days every other Tuesday because besides the time she spends at school, she doesn't play with other girls her age. She especially likes that her Auntie Tala is her AD leader. Silia is still very goofy, entertaining, hyper and super caring!! We don't know what we'd do without her!!
Apolo will be turning 9 in May. His favorite thing about being in the 3rd grade is playing with his best friends, Herbie and Oliver. Apolo loves to be outside. Everyday after school he cannot wait til he's done with his homework and chores so he can go outside. No matter how hot and humid it is you will find him out running around in Grandma's gardens playing with cats and dogs and eww...even mice. LOL! He has come a LOOOONG way with animals since moving down here...the kid used to turn and run the opposite way whenever he saw any kind of animal on four legs moving his way. Apolo is still very patient and loving with his siblings. He still would rather sleep cramped and squished with his other siblings than alone on his very comfortable double pillowtop bed. I love it when he comes home and asks Fasi what "this Samoan word means"...once he learns what the word means he tries to use it whenever it applies. Umm...the only time I don't love that is when it's a mean phrase or a bad word. Apolo also loves Cub Scouts!! He works hard on his book and loves to tell me what he learned or what he has to learn and/or do to progress.
Leila, is 5 and is such a princess!! She's in Kindergarten (it's called K-5 here) and she is quite the little socializer in her class. Every day she comes home and tells me who was doing what, and who said this and that and how her teacher always likes her because she listens and doesn't get in trouble in class. We are realizing that we've babied her a little too much. In the mornings we hear her telling sissy to "hurry up and put my skirt on"..."I'm waiting for you to get me ready"...LOL!! She wants to be considered a big kid like the older 2, until it is time to do chores or anything to help around the house. She loves that she has the longest hair in our family (well past her bottom). Leila loves to collect shells when we go to the beach. She always finds the prettiest ones too!! Leila's favorite Samoan food is Ulu (breadfruit). Whenever we get home from church she always rushes to the kitchen to see if anyone has brought us an umu. I love to hear her use Samoan words too. She is a natural at the pronounciation of Samoan words. We still wish we kept her in public school because she was picking it up so easily. Leila cries everytime we drop Sissy and Apolo off at Activity Days and Cub Scouts. She cannot wait til she turns of age so she can go with them.
PUKA, PUKA, PUKA...what can I not say about this crazy 3 year old:) He started preschool about 2 months ago and LOVES IT! The first day I went to drop him off I was hesitant to leave because the kids just sit on a bench outside the classroom waiting for their teachers to show up (suppose to be there by 7:30 a.m. but you know, this is Samoa...no one is ever on time). Anyway, I felt bad and thought he was going to cry for me to stay or for him to go with me so I kept kissing him and telling him to have fun and I'll see him later and asking if he was ok. After the 4th kiss he goes "Go already mom! I be ok"....lol! Every morning he is up with the rest of us at 6 a.m. bossing us all around to hurry up and get ready cause he needs to go to school. He looks so cute in his school uniform. He has a crush on his Primary teacher Sis. Gurr....he's got good taste!! LOL! He flirts with her and plays hard to get the whole time...it's hilarious to watch. A couple Sundays ago he and Sunni-girl stayed home with Fasi from church. I asked Fasi to please clean the house while we were gone and to have Puka and Sunni and help him..."make it fun" is what I told him. I was cracking up when I got home and both Puka and Sunni were asleep on the livingroom floor and Fasi was in the kitchen washing dishes. I asked him what happened and he said he asked Puka to pick up the toys off the floor. After the 3rd one Puka started whining that he was tired and sat down to join Sunni in watching cartoons. Fasi kept after him until Puka finally turned and said "eh...I'M BUSY"!! LOL!! According to his Auntie Tala he is quite the little soda addict/thief. Anytime Tala puts her diet coke down Puka is there to find it and drink it all...LOL! He is also the "NOT ME" that eats all the gum from my purse. He definitely keeps things lively around here!
SUNNI GIRL is my little angel with very big horns...LOL! Nah..but she is so feisty and demanding and can definitely handle her own! She turned 2 years old last December and I just cannot believe how fast she is growing. She now goes to a daycare M-F while I'm at work. I was so sad for her having to deal with so much change (went to one babysitter for almost 4 months, and then stayed at home with a new babysitter for 2 weeks and then started at the daycare with a bunch of kids and a lot of new care takers). Anyway, she handled it all like a champ and plus her Grandma re-designed and reconstructed her daycare...they HAVE to be sweet to her right? They actually are all super sweet women!! Sunni is very much a 2 year old. She loves to dump things, and draw on things, and smash things...I think it's cute until it's time to clean it all up. I love her fair skin and her light brown hair. Sunni girl can definitely throw down in the eating department too! SHe loves chicken and rice and usually eats more than all her older siblings. SHe also loves cereal and asks for it all through out the day. She has mastered the "i'm so sweet and cute" look and takes after Puka in the wet and juicy department for kisses. Those 2 can pucker up like no other..I LOVE IT! She still loves to pinch the fat under my arms as well as other fatty parts of my body...it's a great reminder of how "healthy" I am;) She says "DON'T" and "STOP" in Samoan to Puka all the time. I love it!! I love it!! I love it!!
**pictures coming soon**
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYE Auntie's WIZZIE and SHELLEY AND Uncle D will be here in 2 days!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
I love reading about your kids,and your new life in Samoa!
I'm so glad you posted this. I loved reading about all of your kids. What an experience they are having there!
Miss you girl!
Post a Comment