Friday, May 9, 2008

THE POEM..

A few people told me last night that they'd like to read the poem I mentioned, that I wrote for my Mom. Here it is.

I THANK HIM FOR YOU

From the beginning, as young as age 5
I remember knowing I came through another life.
I lived and grew in my natural Mom's tummy
But you were meant to be my Eternal Mommy.
It was on my 7th birthday that I first grasped
The appreciation and love for your difficult task.
As busy as you were with 7 children, dad and school
You threw me a party with such ease and cool.
Complete with friends, cake, ice cream and gifts too,
My bestest present was given by you.
Who else would've known how giddy I'd be,
to receive the house of "HELLO KITTY"!!
That night before bed I knelt to pray
to thank Heavenly Father for the perfect Birthday.
But before I thanked Him for other things too,
I thanked Him Mommy, I thanked Him for YOU!

As I grew older my appreciation grew too
although it may have not been apparent to you.
I watched you tend to everyone's needs
without hesitation, you completed the deed.
From roadside assistance, to friendly phone calls, or meals
school "scholarships", fellowshipping and ALWAYS footing the bill.
Your countless selfless acts never cease to amaze
you turned unbearable moments into bearable days.
A specific time I wished to have this same skill as you,
was when we were all praying for Grandpa Case to pull through.
I wanted to be strong for you and comfort you somehow
but hadn't the faintest clue how to, and still don't know now.
But my last night with Grandpa, I sat by his side
to tell him I loved him and say my good-byes.
But before I did that, I thanked Him too.
I thanked Him mommy, I thanked Him for YOU!

There is no question in my mind
that it is your love and faith that gets me by.
Because no matter how dark and dreary things may seem
your shining light clears the pathway for me.
PHENOMENAL WOMAN, thats just what you are
no task too difficult, no distance too far!
You truly are Heavenly Father's best gift to me
THE MOST PERFECT, PRICELESS MASTERPIECE!!
So each night when I kneel down to pray
to thank Him for another day.
Before I thank Him for other things too,
I thank Him Mommy, I thank Him for YOU!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you going to write a book?I will buy the first copy as long as you will sign it!!!!

The Moore Family said...

That is beautiful Tafi. By the way, you did a excellent job on Thursday. Thank you for doing that!

Lexi said...

That was awesome! Moms are the best.