Friday, May 16, 2008

How Can I Be (Setting the record straight)

I emailed and blogged a few months ago a youtube clip of some AZ boys playing this song on their ukes and singing. I credited them as the writers and originators of the song. I was wrong. Here is another version playing to a slideshow of pictures of Christ. The song was written by Nela Otuafi and is performed often by the Divine Heritage (LOVE THEIR SOUND). This song is so popular now. I've heard it here in AZ 4 different times and each "performer" had their own take on it. This version though is my favorite thus far (sung by Isaac Manutai). ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Tina said...

That is one of my favorite gospel oriented songs. I listen to it every Sunday as I get ready for church! Love it!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Awhhh I havn't heard this for quite some time and i'm once again reminded how much I lOVE IT! But people listen up, It's not Tafi's fault she credited these boys...IT'S MY FAULT!! I was told by 2 of my aunts that they had written it. Looks like they either assumed that or were mistaken for another song they wrote!!! Great discovery Tafi- I'm glad we have the set truth!! Love all of your updates. Darling pictures- looks like you had a great Mother's Day- well deserved for a mother like you!!