Monday, April 28, 2008

I GLEEFULLY ACCEPT!

After a couple weeks of trying to make an appointment with Fasi and I, the 2nd Counselor to our Bishop finally succeeded. I was in Utah the weekend prior to last, when he first called Fasi and asked to meet with us. Obviously we couldn't because I was out of town. But it did give me a week to wonder about what he wanted to talk to us about. I chalked it up to them wanting to give Fasi a calling (I already had 2). When I told Fasi that he was like, "But I'm not a member. Can they do that?" LOL! And, well we found out that they could. Unfortunately with Fasi's work and school schedule the calling they had in mind for him isn't going to work out for now. So as we arrived to that realization I started to stand up to shake Bro. Speelman's hand and exit the Bishop's office. He wasn't done with us though. He turned to me and said he had a very special calling in store for me. He said it would be fun but challenging, I immediately started to panic and blurted out..."ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE?" LOL...he and Fasi had a good little laugh. After much anxiety (mine of course) Bro. Speelman asked if I would accept the calling of LAUREL ADVISOR! My eyes immediately filled with tears and had we not been in the Bishop's office on Sunday in Church attire, I probably would've jumped out of my chair and exclaimed in some inappropriate way just how excited I was to accept that calling. I understand that may sound crazy to some, but I have always wanted to serve in the Young Women's. Fasi even told Bro. Speelman how I always wished I'd get this calling or one similar to it.

Anyway, I know this desire comes from having THE BEST Y/W leaders growing up. Sis. Adams, Sis. Merrill, Sis. Rogers, Sis. Stevens, Sis. Udall, Sis. O'dell, Sis. Traasdahl...they were the best!! It is my hope that some if not all, of their teaching methods rubbed off on me. That and of course I know my Heavenly Father will guide and direct me accordingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HURRAHHHH!!!! I am so excited for you!! I was L. Advisor before this, and boy is it great! Love the heck out of the girls, and everything you say will mean so much more! That's my best advice!

Kathy Reid said...

Wow! That's a BIG calling but you will be awesome at it. Congrats! We are excited we found your blog.

The Moore Family said...

I was so excited when I heard your name on Sunday! Young Women's is so great, I love all of those girls and I know you will too! You are going to be AWESOME in there!