Monday, March 24, 2008

WEEKEND IN REVIEW

My goodness, we thought last weekend was busy! All I know is that I'm ready for a stay at home in sweats, catching up on my t.v. shows kind of weekend.

The craziness started last Friday afternoon with getting the kids ready for their photo shoot. I had all the kids primped and pressed ready to jump into the car, as soon as Fasi got home from work. Things seemed like they were going along just great...kids were all fed and happy, all were looking cute, we had about 40 minutes to get to the photo shoot destination that was about 25 minutes away...AND THEN...while Fasi was getting the kids loaded into the car Sunni falls out face first:( AAAARGH!! He comes running into the kitchen (where I'm packing water and snacks for the shoot) with a bloody Sunni who is screaming!! I get all worked up because she was already bruised on the forehead from the day before and oh yeah...she's supposed to be getting pictures taken in about a half hour. *SIGH* Fasi gets Sunni cleaned up and convinces me that she didn't break anything and that she'll be ok for the pictures. Thankfully I can report that besides a big blue bruise on her forehead and a scratched little nose, Sunni is just fine. So...the shoot was good. Besides trying to get all 7 to fully cooperate and look at the camera all at once, it went pretty well. As I stated in my previous post, Ashley did a wonderful job and I simply cannot wait for the CD of pictures.

On the way to the shoot...all 4 boys in the back..KNOCKED OUT!
Sai and Ako
TROUBLE..LOL..I tell them to pose and this is what they do!
Well at least half of them are looking at the camera...and check out Hulk Hogan on the bottom R.

(The sun was almost set when this picture was taken. I love it, even though it is kinda dark)

(My poor babygirl, check out the bruises and scratches:()

After the shoot we head home and end up making dinner with the Ray's. We had waffles, pancakes, bacon, eggs, and juice for dinner. The kids headed upstairs to play and watch Mr. Magorium while Spencer, Sara, Fasi and I play an intense game of Scattegories (LOL..ok so it wasn't intense but it was fun!). Afterwards we watched Blades of Glory and then the Ray's headed home just after 1 a.m. Everyone else headed for bed and I stayed up trying to get our internet connection working. Ashley had called earlier to tell me that she posted some of the kids pictures on her blog. During the first part of the movie I was trying to get the internet up and then realized how rude I was being by not sitting with our guests, so set aside trying to fix it until the Ray's left. Finally just after 3 a.m. I got it fixed and was THRILLED TO PIECES to see the kids pictures. I stayed up til 5 a.m. blog hopping...big mistake!

At 10 a.m. we got everyone up and out of bed to get ready for Taleni's (Fasi's little cousin) baptism. It was the first time the twins had met any of Fasi's side of the family. They were all so happy to finally meet them. Taleni looked beautiful in her baptism dress. She wore a huge smile the whole day long. You can tell she knew that she had made a great choice in choosing to be baptized. After the baptism we went outside and took pictures of the family. After which, we headed over to their home to barbeque and decorate easter eggs.

(The Tunufa'i Taase Tribe. 10 sweet kiddos and 2 amazing parents)


(Fasi and Uncle working the grill)

(Kids dying and decorating easter eggs)

We hung out and ate until 6:30, and then packed the kids into the car and headed off to the AZ Temple for the Easter pageant. We got a great grass seat, where we spread out our blankets and relaxed until the show started.



(Quick pix on the Temple grounds, waiting for Easter Pageant to start)

Except for Puka, we all enjoyed the pageant. As soon as Puka woke up from his nap (about half way into the show) he was trying to pull Fasi and I off our chairs and crying that he wanted to go home. That kid! He's such a ham! After the pageant we took the kids to get ice cream at a Dairy Queen down on Gilbert Rd. and then headed home. It was the first night in a while that we were all in bed by 10:30 p.m.

Sunday morning we got the troop up and ready for church. Fasi, the kids, and I were all excited to go to our ward. We hadn't been in about 3 weeks. If it weren't for Easter dinner with Uncle Tunufa'i we'd have stayed all 3 hours...but we were only at Sacrament and then stayed an extra 20 minutes since Puka was crying to attend class. He is just now starting to attend nursery without one of us going with him, so we felt it important that he spent some time in there. After a little bit we got all the other kids out of class and then went home to change and pick up our food to take to Easter dinner. When we got to Uncle's house the food was all ready and they were just waiting for us to start. SWEET, we timed that perfectly! There was so much yummy food...2 hams, 3 different potato dishes, homemade rolls, green salad, dip, chips, chop suey, taro, and desserts for days!! After dinner we hid the easter eggs and had all the kids in front of the house ready for the hunt. They all had a blast, and because they were pretty much all sugared up before the hunt there weren't any tears for not finding a lot of eggs.

(CHAOS)


(Sunni found one egg, and stopped there. This age is so easy to please)

(The Taase men and their babies)

After the hunt we ate some, sang some songs, ate again, took a picture of Fasi and Uncle with their kiddos and then took off for home. Except we decided to make a last minute stop at my Dad's to wish him a Happy Easter and introduce the twins to some of my family that hadn't ever met them. Left for home around 9 and by 9:30 p.m. everyone..INCLUDING ME THIS TIME..went to bed!!




1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Hey there Tafi! I saw you at church too, and wanted to chat, but we only made it through half of the meeting, Andy was in pain! Looks like a great weekend. You guys are awesome parents, always something fun going on! We need to get together sometime, we want in on the fun too!!