So last night about 8:45ish I hollered for the whole family to gather for family prayers. I was already falling asleep because I had been up with Sunni the night before til about 5 a.m. Fas and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her but about every 15-30 min, she'd wake up WAILING like she was in pain or something. Like I said that went on til 5 and poor Fasi had to get up at 5:30 for work. Anywho....while Fasi and I were downstairs waiting for the kids he was playing his guitar, trying to figure out what song to play for his speech class assignement. I heard melodies of old Samoan songs, Jack Johnson, Los Lonely Boys, The Eagles, etc. I normally LOVE it when Fas is playing his guitar, in fact I usually put in requests. This time however, I could feel a headache coming on and I was already half asleep. After about 30 seconds of playing a song he'd ask "or should I play this one? How about this one? Would it be corny if I played this one?" I was crying on the inside and screaming JUST PICK ONE ALREADY (I know, I know...supportive wife right). Meanwhile Sunni-girl, our almost 1 year old, had climbed up on top of the dining table and was banging dishes and throwing them onto the floor. I could hear Leila crying at the top of her lungs upstairs and Sissy very loudly telling her to stop. Apolo and Puka are making their way down the stairs and they're having a little scuffle because Puka wants to wear his church pants as pajamas (Silia and Apolo bathe their younger siblings and then get them dressed in their pj's). By this time my headache has come full force and I'm irritated with everyone. As Apolo is pulling Sunni off the table and Silia is getting Leila's pajama top on I start the song for prayer. A couple lines into the song Fasi comments that I didn't start the song right, I was suppose to sing the first line of the song and then we all start together. I just kept singing because 1) we were half way through the song 2)he was just mad because I didn't give him enough time to find the key on his guitar to play the song and 3)I just wanted to go to bed. I remember after prayers kissing the kids and reminding them to brush their teeth, but I must've fallen asleep right after. Because when I woke up it was after 10, I was still on the couch and Fasi was on the computer watching YouTube clips. I asked him where Sunni and Puka were, hoping he'd say they were in bed, but instead he said they were upstairs. I'm thinking upstairs? Why and what are they doing upstairs when the other 3 have already gone to bed? So as I'm walking up the stairs I hear the television volume turned all the way up, and then see that the television room has been destroyed (dirty laundry, toys, remote controls and batteries all over the floor) yet, Puka and Sunni are not even in there. I hear noise coming from the bathroom and when I get there, I find Puka and Sunni squirting shampoo and conditioner into the bathtub. Instead of getting really mad and going downstairs to tell Fasi how mad I am at him for not watching them...I grabbed em both washed their hands with soap and put them into bed with me. I flashed back to that Calgon commercial from when I was younger. All I remember about it was it'd show a woman in stressful situations and then she'd say "Calgon, take me away" and then it'd show her in a bathtub filled with bubbles.
Oh well, a good night sleep was just as good...actually I think it was better!!
2 comments:
You crack me up! Im scared to death of that many kids, but you handle it in style! Your a great mom! And lets be honest, havent you always wanted to squeeze the daylights out of some product, just because? Like toothpaste? How fun would that be????
Oh, Tafi! Sounds like my night, but not quite as many children. I would love if you could come to my Pampered Chef party. It is tomorrow @ 2. I am not as far out as Scott. Call me (I lost your phone#) and i'll give you directions.
Post a Comment