Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Thankful Thursday Thirteen....

For this November month on every Thursday, I've decided to list 13 random things I am thankful for. Here I go...

1) I am thankful for my amazing husband!! He is the first thing I thank my Heavenly Father for every time I pray, and it's because he has been the biggest blessing in my life. I could go on about him, but I will save it for another post.

2) I am thankful for our beautiful children. Even though I complain about having to cook and feed them, I actually really do like them:) They bring such sweet spirits into our home. I cannot look into their eyes and NOT think about my Savior.

3) I am thankful for my HUMONGOUS family! I have 71 first cousins (on my Ho Ching side), not sure how many 2nd and 3rd cousins. But I am so thankful that we were all raised like brothers and sisters (even with the 2nd and 3rd cousins). With that many siblings there is never a shortage of LOVE!

4) I am thankful for my loving parents. My Dad told me once that I will never know how much they love me until I became a parent myself. I've been a mommy now for almost 10 years now, and I truly know what my Dad was talking about. My Mom and Dad have taught me by example and I hope that one day my parenting skills will meet at least half theirs!

5) I am thankful for the freedoms that I enjoy!!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

6) I am thankful for a place to call home. It is a wonderful thing to have a place to eat, sleep, play, and whatever else I choose to do.

7) I am thankful for the good health that I enjoy. I have been fortunate through out my life to have not ever been really sick. I acknowledge that when I complain of a headache and stomachache that things could definitely be worse. Thus, I am thankful that besides giving birth to my children, I have not ever been admitted to a hospital.

8) I am thankful for an awesome ward family!! We have been in Parkwood Ranch ward for almost 8 months now. It feels as if it's been 10 years. The members in the ward are so friendly, and genuinely loving and caring. It has been such a blessing to our family to be here.

9) I am thankful for the hour and some odd minutes, that I get all to myself every morning. It enables me to be a better mommy through out the day and it just feels nice to NOT hear the hustle and bustle of the world.

10) I am thankful for chocolate. Because no matter how foul a mood I am in, it makes me feel like Bob Marley when he sings "Every little thing, is gonna be alright".

11) I am thankful for the internet. Over the years it has enabled me to reconnect with people in my life that I never thought I'd see or hear from again, stay in touch with family and friends, helped with school papers and projects, made it possible for me to shop anytime I want without having to get all dolled up, gotten me wonderful deals on tons of stuff, etc.

12) I am thankful for the wonderful weather we are having. Although, it's been a little warm the past few days I appreciate that it isn't 100 degrees outside.

13) I am thankful that I get to spend time with my family that is coming from out of town this weekend. There will about 25 people in my home this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT!! Since we didn't have a family reunion this year I really need my family fix!!

1 comment:

DS Ward Mission said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog! We are thankful that you guys moved into the ward too!! MONICA KAY