In keeping with Thanksgiving tradition after our wonderful turkey meal, Dad insisted we go around the room and state one by one what we were grateful for. We were only allowed to say one thing, and so when it was my turn I said I was grateful for my LIFE! I truly am!! The day after Thanksgiving I turned 28 years old, and I'm so grateful for another year of life, love, family, trials, the whole SHEBANG!! I have a wonderful husband, loving children, parents, siblings, relatives, etc. I have had my share of trials and am sure have more to come, I welcome them in knowing that what I have overcome thus far has built my character and allowed me to go on loving and appreciating my life.
As I have gotten older and especially since I've become a mother, every year around my birthday I think of my birth mother. I've not ever met her and have not ever been contacted by her. There were a few times after I turned 18 that I flirted with the idea of finding her. My parents were supportive of the idea but something that my Dad once said has kept me from pursuing her. He asked me "What if she never told her family about you?" We know that she has a few daughters now, as well as a husband. Although we're not sure if she has or hasn't told her husband and kids, I wouldn't dare risk ruining that for her. So, unless she comes looking for me I will never know her. I will never be able to thank her for my life and for giving me to my Mom and Dad. If anything I just want her to know that I grew up with the very best life and that the decision she made to give me up was, in my opinion, best! Every year on November 23rd I thank my Heavenly Father for the 3 people that gave me the wonderful life I have, my birth mother, and my Mom and Dad, Karen and Sonny Ho Ching. I LOVE MY LIFE, and everyone in it!!!!!!!!!
3 comments:
You are such an amazing writer, seriously you should write a book. Everytime I read what you write it gives me goosebumps! HAppy Birthday! Im sorry I missed it!
It was fun seeing you at the reunion. I just went back on the site and found your blog. Thanks for uploading all of you pictures. Come on over to our blog!
Taf,
Happy belated birthday again! Couldn't help but tear up when I read this. Being a Mother, I can't imagine what it would feel like to give up a child in hopes of giving them a better life. It's the ultimate sacrifice.
Funny when I think of you and your family, the last thing I remember is that you were adopted. A true testament to what lovely parents you must have. :) Love you and glad you had a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment